Operation Payback: Why We Protest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My idea for a new direction

3 posters

Go down

My idea for a new direction Empty My idea for a new direction

Post  West Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:57 am

Hello, fellow /b/rothers.

I have a suggestion for a direction that we could take regarding this operation.

Anonymous has been in the news of recent. Quite a fair amount, actually, and for all the wrong reasons.

It seems to me that news corporations around the world are currently attempting to feed the public a particular perspective of Anonymous; one that portrays us as "Internet terrorists" or "Hacktivists". Sky news had their "Online expert" tell the population that we were DDOS'n there corporations to bring attention to ourselves. Lies are being fed to the public about Anonymous on a global scale, we are being criminalized. And what's worse, is people who have tried to contact these media outlets claiming to represent Anonymous have most certainly NOT done us any justice what-so-ever. They have made things significantly worse.

We cannot dodge the fact that this is somewhat our fault. Members of Anonymous have contacted these news outlets with varying intentions; some wish to troll them for the lols, some have intentions of making Anonymous look bad, or in the case of "Cold Blood" and "Chris Umm", some were looking for 5 minutes of fame masquerading as our organization.

Although we as members of Anonymous see these reports and laugh at how incorrect they are, it's needless to say that right now, in the eye of your average citizen, we are the perceived enemy. This must be changed.

It seems to me that there simply isn't enough man power within Anonymous for protests to have any real effect, particularly on a global scale. It also seems to me that protests are a very ineffective way to achieve an objective, as the current student protests in England have shown. We need another direction.

So, here is my suggestion. Bare with me on this.

We collaborate and create a transcript. We delineate Anonymous, we explain our objectives and our actions. We debunk the lies and false portrayals that have been spoken of us. We get in contact with a news outlet such as Sky News or the BBC, and we do it PROPERLY. We set the story straight.

I am currently working on a "Rough" version of what we could say. As previously mentioned, this is 100% open to collaboration from Anonymous. We need to ensure this is accurate as there may not be a second chance for us to do this.

Please let me know what you all think

West

Back to top Go down

My idea for a new direction Empty Re: My idea for a new direction

Post  Anonyma Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:27 am

I like.

Anonyma

Back to top Go down

Post  nzm1536 Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:26 pm

The problem with this idea - Anonymous are many different people, not everyone will agree with your interpretation and many will criticize the very idea of creating some kind of official statement because the power of Anons is diversity. And about the media criminalizing us - well, some of them do, some don't. Being called 'hacktivist' is nothing wrong and many Anon actions could be described as hacktivism. The 'terrorist' part is somewhat dangerous and we really need some good press. IMHO some interviews with moot would be cool, he knows 4chan better than anyone else and always has something true to say (srsly, watch or read any interview with him).

nzm1536

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum